The 3rd annual Cortland Blooms Festival was held on Sunday, April 21, 2013 from 11am to 3pm. The activities included bike rentals, children’s activities, a craft bazaar, alternative energy transportation show, bike show, green fair, food and music. Visit the event page here.
The Do It Yourself Workshop Series was started in the Spring of 2012 and better an instant hit. Community residents have craving the knowledge to do things on their own, from fermenting foods to making their own cleaning products to learning how to use cloth diapers.
In the winter Sustainable Cortland hosts book chat and discussion circle on a wide range of subjects for simple living to alternative transportation to sustainable agriculture.
- The Lime Hollow Center for Environment & Culture offers a wide range of public activities and learning opportunities.
- The Cultural Council of Cortland County hosts Cortland’s First Friday events and offers a wide range of other artistic and cultural opportunities
- Main Street Farms is an urban farm that works to educate the community about local foods
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Cortland Downtown Partnership
- Common Ground Community Garden